traffic rant

24.4.10 | |




Because of two trucks and five cars that decided to pile up on the R24 yesterday I sat in traffic for 4 hours on my way to the airport. This of course meant I missed my flight (and so did a whole lot of other people.) The earliest available flight to CT is at 1500 today and I had to sleep over in a hotel at the airport. WTF? I am sure the people in the crash had a worse day, but the idiots on Jhb roads are costing the country billions of Rands. Aggressive driving, speeding and general lawlessness seems to be par for the course. The JMPD is nowhere to be seen in the real trouble spots. Because fining kugels in Sandton is a whole lot easier than policing taxis and trucks which a law unto themselves. My message to the MEC for transport in Gauteng: Finish the bloody Gautrain already so that I can avoid you chaotic roads or else get off you fat cat arse and do something about chaos! Or maybe it was you in the blue light convoy that forced your way through the traffic jam to the airport.

0 comments: